Designed to celebrate faith in Jesus Christ for members for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS church). In a modern hexagon quilt style, the blanket is covered in stylish art depicting symbols of our religion and reminders of our relationship with Heavenly Father and Christ.
Personalization: The center hexagon can be customized with two names (ie. child's first and middle name) and can also inclue a number behind the name (ie. "8"). Please include the exact spelling of the name at checkout. If you don't choose personalization, the default in the center hexagon says "Valiant".
Choice of Thickness: This blanket comes in two styles: single-layer or double-layer.
- Single-layer blankets have a single layer of fabric which has very soft, fuzzy minky on both sides. One side has the colorful design and the back side is a solid white. Benefits are portability and lower cost.
- Double-layer blankets have an additional layer of plush minky sewn onto the edges and back of the blanket. Benefits are extra weight and warmth.
Why This Blanket Is So Special:
- Personalizable: You can have the recipient's name as part of the printed design. If you choose not to personalize it, the center hexagon will say "Valiant".
- Front and Back Minky: both sides of your blanket are ultra-soft! I only use the highest quality, long lasting materials.
- Meaningful Design: original art reminds you to hold strong to your faith.
- Messages on the blanket include: families are forever, CTR shield, the armor of God, baptismal covenants, Salt Lake Temple art, search ponder and pray, I am a child of God, angel moroni, "shine your light", and "born for such a time as this".
- Machine Washable: Colorfast! You can wash these blankets at home without worry of bleeding colors. Just don't use heat or fabric softener. (See "Care Instructions" for more details.)
- Handmade, Local Small Shop: I design every piece of art on the blanket, place every fabric order, wrap and ship every blanket. My talented seamstress is also a full time mom of 4 here in Kaysville, UT. This is not a generic, bulk operation - you and your blanket get our full love and attention.
The Story Behind the Blanket:
I originally made this design for my friend's son when he turned eight to celebrate his baptism. The idea was to give him a blanket he loved spending time with and hope that the special phrases and symbols on the blanket would help reinforce his conversion to Christ and love for His gospel. I re-did my original design into this fun hexagon style for my own son's baptism blanket and made it girly for our cousin.